Sunday, December 21, 2008

Look what I found!

I used to have a blog through Friendster and then one day I couldn't get on any more. I don't know what happened. That was like, a year ago. So just for fun I tried to log in and they let me back in! But since Friendster sucks, I copied my old blog and I'm putting my old posts on THIS blog. Ha! Screw you Friendster! I got my posts back!




My Cat Threw Up On My Taxes
March 23rd, 2006
So, my husband owns his own business, which means tax time is a total bitch. The accountant sends a packet full of work sheets and lists of things we have to keep track of. It totally sucks. I actually have to figure out how many gallons of fuel we used last year were unleaded, super unleaded or diesel. That’s a lot of math. It’s not all bad though. I give myself little prizes once in a while. Like last week when I had to figure out mileage on all the business vehicles I made sure I had a nice stash of fresh Easter candy. Man, that stuff is good when they first crank it out. You can suck the middle out of a fresh Cadbury egg with a straw. That’s good eatin’. So this week I thought my cat should join me in my trials. He’s fun and relaxing and I hadn’t seen him for a few days, so in he came. He was kind of wound up so I didn’t get a lot done. He attacked my hands when I used the calculator, he layed down on my bank statements and wouldn’t get up and then he ate two pencil erasers. You know, the pointy ones you stick on the end when you’ve rubbed the original one down to the metal? Yeah, two of them. Evidently erasers don’t sit well on top of kitty supper because he urped them up right on a pile of receipts. So he’s back outside and we won’t be writing off quite as much as I had originally planned. The lesson here? Cat’s don’t understand the importance of not eating erasers.

No comments: